View Single Post
Old 10th February 2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post

On the subject of banking: Somewhat unsurprisingly, many of the high street banks have now made their position clear by imposing restrictions on cryptocurrency trading, in some cases even closing accounts of customers who chose to invest in cryptocurrencies with their own money ... which serves to highlight the control they have on our money and the need for change.
It's pretty dispicable. To be honest i've not entirely trusted banks for a long while and i'm someone that likes lots of baskets for my eggs. Hence having an account with Santander, Nat West & Nationwide. I auto transfer things between them to keep them all alive and kicking. One is for bills, one general and the Nationwide allows access to a high interest saver of 5%. Was 5K last year, but they've halved it this year alas. Still it gives me multiple access points if I loose a card or something else happens. Splits any danger points

I've got a few credit cards too. Amex was always the best for cashback, but not as universal. Santander 123 (current link, cost £5 a month, but interest and bills cover that and makes, plus various other benefits IF i need them) and an AA one for fuel cashback as the 4.2 v8 is thirsty. I love cash back cards, but all are paid off balances so no interest.....Free money for using a different bit of plastic. I make a few hundered a year that way!!!

I've also got a Monzo card, again it was traveling and stuff that pushed me down that way. It's been ok. A kind of top up card, but they're moving to being an alt bank. Have an invite, though don't think you NEED them these days

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)