View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2018, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
This is going to be a pain to sort out.

The usual culprits are dodgy door handles

Faulty alarm module

Some part of the mmi keeping the systems awake which i would be inclined to try first as you said the handles all work as they are meant too.

If you buy from eBay a most fibre bypass loop you can isolate parts of the most loop with it and unplug that module to narrow down which device is doing it.

Or if you are handy with a multi meter you can measure the voltage drop over fuses to find the culprit.
Yeah i know these kind of things suck to solve, so i hoped this might be a know issue and save alot of time

Since the drain is a s big as it is i hope to be able to meassure it pretty "easy" with the multimeter. I mean it has to be quite a big drain to fully empty a 105Ah AGM battery in under 10 hours :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechcanico Lee View Post
Why is battery monitoring/energy monitor ecm not shutting down all ignition circuits when quiescent voltage drops below threshold to ‘save ‘the battery ?

Can you use a shunt inline with battery lead and measure the drain whilst car is asleep , roll boot latch over and wedge the spring loaded press in type switch on boot lid .

After say 20 mins see how many amps it’s pulling out , see if amps is a steady draw or doing any cycling or surging .

My a8 used to have dickie door handles and would wake up through the night when it was raining, but energy monitor would always clip it and I never had a flat battery on it .

I’m wondering if the body module not going to sleep ( gear stick back lighting staying lit ) is a consequence of another draw on a circuit that is not isolated by the energy monitor ecm .
I think that's strange to, maybe because the drain is so big that it kinda "skip it"?

I've always clicked the boot latch when working on the car and let the trunk stay open, but what does that little press switch do btw?

The shift indicator not going black along with the headliner buttons and such's is so damn strange imo, at least without any faultcodes assosiated with it!

I have to sort out the MMI updates and make sure all that works first now anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
My car has often been like this after using VCDS. I used to run a scan for 5-10 mins, shut down, lock up and in the morning a flat battery and battery - 10% on display. It seems better if you make sure you close controllers and unplug the interface from the ODBII port before you turn off the ignition.
Ok? Never heard of that issue before, but i usually close all controllers and VCDS plus switch the ignition off before removing the OBD plug.
BI-Xenon Headlights, Keyless, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI, 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Seat Memory on Both Sides, Heated / Cooled Sport Front Seats, Electrically Adjustable Rear & Heated Rear Seats Alacantra roofliner, Exterior LED Package, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control & Heated Steeringwheel ++.

Last edited by Exerqtor; 3rd December 2018 at 05:31 AM.