View Single Post
Old 6th October 2020, 12:24 AM

Wink

Good advice, thanks. What did you use to lubricate the bushes? Anything in particular to use/avoid? I believe Copper Grease, for example, plays right into the hands of galvanic corrosion.

Got this back from Schaeffler this morning. Can't over express my surprise at getting such a quick response from a big company about such a small matter!

Dear Madam or Sir,

the following message was submitted:

713 6103 90 Wheel Bearing Kit

Hi,

Can you please tell me what exactly is included in this kit?

Looks like the eccentric washer is included, judging by the picture. But is the eccentric bolt also included? Doesn't appear in the picture.

Found a similar Ruville item which shows the eccentric bolt in their picture.

Is the eccentric bolt actually included in the FAG kit and it's just the picture which is wrong?

And if it's really just the same item in different packaging, it would be great if you can let me know that too

Thanks in advance,

Gregor

Good Morning Mr Harris,

Just been looking into this, and the eccentric bolt has been dropped from the bill of materials for this wheel bearing kit.

The bearing and the accessories would have been the same in both kits. However the Ruville brand is not available in the UK any more.

I have emailed back to see if they've maybe any old 'new stock' of the eccentric bolts, but I doubt they will if they've been taken out the kit. Oh well.

The Febi 3226 split bushes are an exact match for the genuine Audi ones 4D0505171H which arrived safe and sound from Latvia today. Except for being encased in steel rather than aluminium, of course. As previously reported, galvanic corrosion doesn't seem to have been a problem in my 2nd hand trapezium arms so I'm quite happy to fit half genuine and half Febi steel. (Or maybe buy another 2 Febi and leave the genuine ones to my kids so they'll generate a million quid for them at auction in 50 years time?)

Steel encased bushes are 145g each while the aluminium bushes are just 62g. The overall potential saving of 332g surely won't affect my 0-60 that much?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201006_002331r.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	474.2 KB
ID:	24119  

2009 A8 4.2 FSi LWB - Marine Blue - 164k miles. Extras? Too many to list. But I do like the Rear Seat Entertainment . . . . . .

477k miles to the moon and back. 238k to go and between them they'll have made it!