View Single Post
Old 18th November 2015, 11:48 AM

Default Stereos and stereotypes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
I do not want to call Scouseland or it's occupants but I am very careful where I deposit my pennies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Eh! Eh! calm down, calm down
I think this simply shows the limitations of text when communicating. Both of the above comments were intended to be tongue in cheek, I think, but could be be misconstrued, without some sort of indication that they were meant that way.

It's very very rare for any comments on this forum to cause offence, and - in my view - one of the easiest ways to do this is to give a little wink when it's meant as a joke - and maybe also to give the poster the benefit of the doubt where that's not been made clear .

Personally, as a Scot and an adopted Manc, I love Scousers - a warm, very funny and big hearted lot, and as often is the case, the reverse of their stereotypes.

And, eyrrrr no, I 'aven gorra trackkie

And to get back to the thread post, the Naim looks good, but as my current hifi collection includes seven turntables, six music "systems", five mini-disks, four CD players, three tape decks, two amplifiers and a partridge in a (no, wait, that's a bit premature…) - I'm a bit short of space for another hifi source.

I find that 95% of my time, I'm listening to music in background on either Spotify (premium) or the BBC's 6 Music channel, both sourced from my 'phone, and played either in one of my cars through my Parrot kit, or in my kitchen through my Sony SRS BTM8 portable (which cost me £50).

And the other 5% of the time, if I'm lucky, it's dedicated vinyl on my rather precious Mitsubishi LT-5V.