View Single Post
Old 1st August 2016, 08:04 AM

update on whole procedure.

i have changed front and rear.

front: no issues, just to remember wear sensors are not icluded in set, luckily mine sensors were ok, you can buy them seperate for cost of around £8. changing procedure as any other braking system, release 2 caliper nuts and one on outer side of caliper. caliper will come off, change pads and put everything back together.

rear: release parking brake - in vcds, controller 53(parking brake) -my controller is working in UDS protocol - so go to basic settings - from drop down list choose 'start linning change procedure' - you will hear parking brake winding all way back and screen shows 'running' - once screen shows 'not running' - go out from controller- close vcds - turn off ignition - you will notice parking brake button and 'P' on dash will flash - also don't worry if during changing process both lights stop flashing, it is energy saving feature. - next thing changing pads - well piece of cake - remove 2 nuts from back of caliper - and now before you remove caliper - use flat bar or big flat screwdriver put it in between old pad and caliper on outer side of wheel hub and pry on it and your piston will go magically back and you don't have to use later any special tools and caliper will be ready to take any size of pads and new disc. i had both sensors broken on back and they are included with pads, swap them. after you changed rear pads on both wheels put ignition on press brake pedal few times until feels hard open vcds module 53 - basic setting - from list choose ' end of lining change process' you will hear again parking brake working again and wait until vdcs shows 'finished' - parking brake button and 'P' on dash stops flashing - engage parking brake through button then release and engage again - now in vcds go to 53 module erase all faults, if everything is done correctly, faults will be gone and won't come back- also go to module 08 abs clear all faults and to module 01 engine and clear all faults. go for ride and enjoy new pads. JOB DONE!

one thing - i forgot about brake fluid so when i push pistons back brake fluid came out through tank lid and went through drainage on driveway. as fluid is corrosive i used luke warm water with fairy liquid and washed tank and flushed drainage.

second thing - i didnt hook up battery charger for whole procedure but I advise you to do it.

i took us 40 minutes to do front and rear.