View Single Post
Old 18th August 2015, 08:26 PM

I've had some fun with Audi warranty on the A7. Found that the keyless didn't work properly on the back driver's door when wet, dropped it off at Glasgow Audi who took 3 days of not testing it properly to test the fault as I described.. So after 5 days of having the car, they finally sorted it out under warranty (or so they told me).

Fast forward to a few weeks ago.. Car is going in for the recall on the 3.0TFSI fuel system, flag up some gearbox funnies, and that a B&O subwoofer has failed (didn't mention VCDS at that point). Drop the car off on the Friday, and on the Monday morning, get a call to say the car has no extended warranty.. Cue argument about previous visit and their time wasting.. Drive home, and send them a pic of the original invoice (thank god for 'organised' previous keepers). Turns out there's 4 or 5 systems they have to look through for warranty details, and because they couldn't be arsed looking properly last time, the dealership absorbed the £1,200 or so cost to replace all 4 handles. Warranty now sorted, but definitely worth checking everything properly before you take the car in, and that the previous owner has proper documentation of the warranty.

I know.. I know..