Thread: 11.9 volts
View Single Post
Old 13th July 2019, 09:52 AM

Default Famous last words - goodbye Yuasa Silver battery

I started to have problems again where I'd left the car overnight and it would start up fine, but if I drove the car and left it for 10 minutes, it was flat as a pancake and only hinted at turning the engine for 1/4 of a second before the click of death from the starter motor solenoid. An auto electrician was employed and the subsequent load test of the battery (after being left on charge overnight) showed almost complete failure - 300 amp load was placed on the battery but before it had got to 180-200 amps, the voltage was showing as low as 8.4V-8.5V. Battery was therefore toast and a letter on headed-paper was given to me so that I could go and get a refund from Harry Halfords.

The auto-electricians involved mentioned that they had dealt with a fair few customers over the last year or so that had had issues with starting their cars and a high percentage of them were Yuasa Silver. Suffice to say, Johnny G now has a Bosch battery.