View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2021, 03:42 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Bitcoin is on BBC news again
I love the irony of comments like this that we frequently get from central banks ...

Quote:
Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey cautioned over its use as a payment method in October.

"I have to be honest, it is hard to see that Bitcoin has what we tend to call intrinsic value," he said. "It may have extrinsic value in the sense that people want it."
I mean, the banks have been printing money like never before, especially recently, in an attempt to prop up the ever-rising COVID debts. Where's the 'intrinsic' value there? -- It's not like we have a 'Gold Standard' anymore so it's linked to nothing more than trust in government .... and I'm sure we all trust the government about as far as we could throw them. At least there's a substantial cost associated with creating Bitcoins. They might be virtual but the energy required to create them is very real.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 3rd January 2021 at 03:45 PM.