View Single Post
Old 12th February 2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
How can they build something as lovely as that and ruin it by not fitting the V8 in it..we live in sad times indeed IMHO. If I ever have grandkids (unlikely really)
they will never experience the raw noise of a V12, V10 or V8 and I think that's rather sad.

(just away to find my flameproof suit)
V8/10/12 engines are like steam trains: utterly lovely, but with no future (runs for cover in a flameproof suit to an underground bunker not marked on the map... ).

That doesn't make me particularly happy either as an individual who loves his V8 (more than steam trains ) but progress is progress, and I love my Tesla just as much as my stunningly lovely S8, and - on balance - it is better at what it's supposed to do.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.