View Single Post
Old 8th June 2011, 07:33 PM

I started buying SD cards to go in my RNS-E, which doesn't require the CD 1-6 folder setup anyway and has the same SD only (no SD-HC cards) limitation, but both require you to convert ipod happy tunes to MP3 format, so I've ended up creating 2 copies of any music I want to install that way.

Would be much easier if I could control the ipod directly via the RNS-E interface, but that would require a different dock interface as this one requires you to use the actual ipod to control it. It just emulates 'CD5' playing constantly so nothing happens if you try the RNS-E controls.

If this one still allowed the CD changer to stay connected, I'd be happy enough. There's only 1 changer control on the back of the RNS-E. On my A6 there's the double DIN Symphony head unit with built in CD changer, so wouldn't be surprised if that had another CD out option. I have a spare one in the loft so may have to dig it out to check. If it does I might pull this out of the S8 and get a proper ipod dock interface.