View Single Post
Old 6th December 2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian View Post
Mine was a Prinz system and would start from cold on petrol but within a couple of minutes would switch to LPG. If the LPG ran out it switched seamlessly back to petrol. It was very slightly down on power but then if needed, press the button and you back on petrol.
On one of my trips to Germany it automatically switched to petrol at 150MPH!
I had a 200 ltd tank in the boot which would fill to about 180ltrs. If I needed I could do Edinburgh to Plymouth without stopping. ��
As they were business miles I ran a spreadsheet for fuel and it worked out my enthusiastically driven S8 was getting the financial equivalent of 37MPG. Bargain!
Yeah, mine operated the same way, though never got to a speed that it had to switch back to petrol

The tank I have is only 125 litres, and was under the impression at the time that it was the biggest they could fit in the space.

I like to use the 'financial equivalent' calculation, as you can shove it in the face of those that tell you that you're driving a gas guzzler... although strictly speaking, I suppose they are correct.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds