View Single Post
Old 15th January 2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exerqtor View Post
Well update time here, i haven't had time to do anything with the car for a month ish. So the last i did was to disconnect the positive lead from the battery and hook it up to the charger and it's been standing there for that time.

Yesterday i connected it and started the car and let it run for a hour to thaw up (jay for winter btw). After that i drove it for an hour or something and everything seems fine.

So after the drive i parked the car 17.00 ish i think, and let i stand overnight. And today i tried to start it again around 14.30, the keyless entry didn't work on the driver door. But it started without a hiccup and i drove it 45 min ish. Then parked it again and let it stand a couple hours, and again the keyless didn't work but the car started.

So i don't know what the h***s going on with it, haven't gotten around re-updating the MMI and all that. But i hope i can get around doing it the coming weekend.

Going to pick my gf at work 22.30 ish. so i'll see how it works out then.

EDIT:

Oh and yeah Delboy, when your door handles went **** up, did the proximity sensor stop working or the micro switch to lock up the car?

Both have failed on various handles, not both on same handle if iirc.

Was taking to another 8 owner about drains and we were wondering if access to a flir camera would help to trace a parasitic drain by looking for a warm fuse. You could also use freeze spray on fuses and see which one melts the ice vapor off it first.