View Single Post
Old 1st February 2019, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Both have failed on various handles, not both on same handle if iirc.

Was taking to another 8 owner about drains and we were wondering if access to a flir camera would help to trace a parasitic drain by looking for a warm fuse. You could also use freeze spray on fuses and see which one melts the ice vapor off it first.
Ah ok, well i that just suck lol. Haven't got a Flir avalible, and it's almost -18C here atm so i have no plans of standing outside trying to find the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
What about getting some 5w 12v tail bulbs and soldering to wire with 2x mini spade connectors the same size as those on the fuses. You could try the bulb in various suspected positions and the bulb should not light up when the car is parked up. Maybe LED would be even better.
Going to go out on a branch and asume it's the alternator that's got a blown diode, since it don't drain 100% of the times after parking the car. I.O the lucky couple times it haven't drained the brushed have stoped away from the winding with the broken diode attached to it.

Since were speaking of an 105Ah battery draining in 6ish hours i'm looking at a 15A(ish) draw, and it's not many components that can have that draw without being FUBAR to the degree where it still works while driving and don't make any fault codes.

Drove the car to work today and the plan is to get some job done over the weekend, first of all deleting the NAV partion on the HDD thru green-menu and then do an emergency update reverting to the oldest version i have on a SD and hope i can successfully update everything now that i know i have to have the ignition OFF during the process. If that works out i'm going to start searching for the power draw.

But do anyone here have a wiring diagram for the engine/charging system? (My VIN is: WAUZZZ4E4AN004593 ).
BI-Xenon Headlights, Keyless, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI, 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Seat Memory on Both Sides, Heated / Cooled Sport Front Seats, Electrically Adjustable Rear & Heated Rear Seats Alacantra roofliner, Exterior LED Package, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control & Heated Steeringwheel ++.