View Single Post
Old 8th October 2015, 06:51 PM

I pulled the alarm siren this evening, there was a drop in current draw on the BCM from 8.2 to 7.9 amps with everything off and the car awake. Question is supposing those 300ma are the siren batteries charging how long would it take for the BCM to shut everything off if that 300ma drop does not stop. Poole Audi have quoted £139inc. VAT for a brand new alarm siren, they sent me the ETKA screen shot. Question is do I spend that on something that may or may not fix it.

Although I have issues with the heater blower controller, I have the solar sunroof, so when you switch off the ignition the supply switches to be powered by the solar panels on the roof. That switch does happen because when the sun is out you can hear the heater blower running, and in the dark all is silent.

I've used the car a number of times today, first thing to drive to work and it was the usual 15% and keyless entry off. Same again at lunch time and this evening. Everytime its always started well without any hesitation.

I am doing a long drive this weekend, so will keep an eye on it.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles