View Single Post
Old 24th November 2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
I've just had a look at the spare headlight unit that I have, and can confirm that it is attached by a single screw (from inside the unit). If you look at the illustration I had in a previous post, you'll see part #13, which is the retaining screw.

As Andrew said, our sponsors may be the best guide to how they removed them (assuming the unit wasn't damaged at the front). It may be possible to use a screwdriver bit on a ring spanner to undo the screw, but it could be very fiddly.

You will need to ensure you get the correct actuator for your headlight though. If you just have Halogen headlights, then the part number is 1J0941295A, but if you have the Xenon headlights, then the part number is 4B0941293A
as you say it's the 1J09412951 as used on a lot of VAG ,otherwise known as 0307853304 which may be a bosch number
looks like you have to detach the front glass , then the reflector ...not sure I have the nerve to try it though!
at a guess our sponsors sell the headlight units complete with this part if unbroken

Last edited by oldnick; 24th November 2019 at 06:17 PM.