View Single Post
Old 13th February 2018, 06:12 PM

First test in order of evening running S9 with just the intake fan, the second fan still connected to stop it freaking out but removed and running on the side of miner. Did I tell you those stock fans are powerful?? With just one intake fan connected I can feel air flow is better than Manrose fan if I put my hand at the back. It seems exhaust fan does not do much. 2 stock fans highest chip temp 80-82C, only intake fan 83-84C, only Manrose on intake 90-91C. This is only one S9 I am testing with Delta fan as intake and Yate Loon exhaust. Looking at different miners there are 4 or 5 different fans used in different configurations sometimes the same both ends, sometimes different. Max rpm are 4500-6400 between fans, current between 1.65-3.0A, different blade counts, different area taken by the motor in the middle, other specs are a bit hard to find as some of the part numbers seem to be exclusive to Bitmain and yield no hits on the web or return very different rpm and current specs than what it says on the fan.

Now on to test Manrose fan on L3+

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 13th February 2018 at 06:51 PM.