View Single Post
Old 21st February 2019, 12:22 PM

My setup involved replacing the double DIN unit with a Sony XAV-601BT unit. Paid for the local stereo shop to make the surround. Similar in looks to Ricky D's unit but mine has the essential rotary volume control. I simply will not buy a stereo that doesn't have one.

Standard speakers front and rear and I'm sure that the sub in the rear shelf is still being driven. My subwoofer lives in the boot and basically takes up 80% of the space. Current amp is Vibe 8K (recommended by Ian Pinder of Iceman fame) although I've had JL Audio 1000-1 and then a DLS amp from Sweden in there before. Custom-made sealed box of inch-think MDF (or 18mm to you young things) paired with an Orion 15 sub which weighs a ton. OK, probably about 65Kg all in...

Plans:

[1] drill a massive hole or remove the blanking plate where my non-existent ski hatch is in order to let the flavour flood out...
[2] Replace inner boot lights for the umpteenth time as they tend to crack
[3] Remove and re-fit rear shelf with blind as I seem to have blown it out of its correct position.