Thread: Aaargh - PRNDS!
View Single Post
Old 8th March 2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian View Post
I cleared an F125 fault on car that had be stood for a while by putting the gear leaver through all it's positions repeatedly but gently at speed. Worth a try if the codes point to the F125 switch.
Thanks Mike, no VAGCOM here, so can't guarantee it's the F125, but i'm pretty sure that's the case. It was persistently showing this for three days in a row, even with gentle persuasion, which I've not had before. Then it cleared yesterday, and I took him for a good 20 minute drive then, making sure I exercised the 'box without thrashing it, but now it's back again, so I've left him with my local (trusted!) mechanic to see if cleaning the contacts helps.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.