View Single Post
Old 17th January 2018, 08:40 PM

That platform has two BCM's, and you missed a number off the part so not sure which module you mean?

Either
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) 8K0907063N
or
Address 46: Central Conv. (J393) 8K0907064N - But I think this is the one due to your description of its location.

Just note down the current coding and perform a Controller Channel Map of the current module prior to removing it. If you need security access try 16017.

Not sure about CP on that platform.

I would note this caution from Ross-Tech

Quote:
These vehicles use two BCM modules. BCM 1 is the [09] - Central Electronics which is responsible for most of the lighting in the front of the vehicle and sub-system controls including wiper activity.
BCM 2 is the [46] - Comfort System module AND it has a virtual address address word [05] - Acc/Start Auth. (J393) (aka KESSY). BCM 2 controls most of the rear body lighting and conventional comfort operations such as windows and door locks. The KESSY itself is the immobilizer, and does not have a sense of humor - in other words don't mess with him.
And also this relating to BCM 2
Quote:
Caution!

Do not save a value of 0 to channel 00 since this can cause keys to be erased, even if you do not have the PIN code for the vehicle. This can cause none of the keys to allow the car to start, likely resulting in the car being flatbedded to an Audi dealer for repairs. It's quite a poor design on Audi's part, if you are able to erase keys without a PIN code yet one is required (or a more involved challenge, etc) to match them.
I think it's not going to be a straight swap due to the immobilizer being within that module. Do let us know how you get on.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,

Last edited by mattylondon; 17th January 2018 at 08:53 PM.