View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:38 PM

Thanks! I have a internet-shy w12-owner / friend who has one on the way from the Fatherland. He told me the german(sic) name but I forgot it. I was frustrated not able to find its name and pn ; I can usually find anything.... I'm getting old. I was enlightened to hear Audi does not sell "sekurity" cars, only LEASES them out; and so the fact that I could never find anything beyond suspension parts for them anywhere stings less. (Yes, if I am going to pay $2000+ for a new SIDE-VIEW MIRROR, I want teargas dispensers and strobes in it!)

I don't really want one, although it is neat. I could imagine being in a bad rear-end collision, and that thing ejects two highball glasses into the front seats. Not the best first impression for the cops responding.

Now if I was always chauffeured around, it would be a nice beginning of a mod to hold a couple 1911-style pistols. Which over here one does NOT need to hide from police (in fact just the opposite - in case you're stopped with a firearm accessible to you, it better be the first thing you tell the cop), only from criminals. Which is why a well-hidden compartment is just the thing. If you need a gun in Tennessee, just pop into any place that insists firearms be left in cars; school parking lot, liquor store, or other symbol of Democrat-ratcity and there will be one in the glovebox (or under seat, since most 'Murcans is too fat to reach their own glovebox).
Fully HALF the people I know (mostly girls, surprisingly) have "concealed carry" permits (and DO carry a gun like it's a pack of cigs)! And it's those people, who obey the stupid "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" signs, who enable the crims to shop for guns easier than at walmart.
Frankly, I'm surprised there aren't any road-rage shootings. (I say that with confidence because the media would be all over it, if there were)!

/Rant off, sorry.
Happy Independence Day, of all days for me to rant.

-Tom