Thread: Wet door card
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2017, 10:29 PM

Got an hour free this evening and had a proper poke at the door.

Sunroof drains are all ok, nice trickle of water from behind the rear wheels and down the A pillars above the lower front door hinge.

I sprayed the garden hose liberally over the outside of the closed door and found that water is running down the outside of the door card from the top of the black triangle above the rear view mirror. Runs over the speaker grille and pools nicely along the plastic step inside the car!

Adjusted the door striker plate and fiddled with the double lip door seal (the harder one running round the outside of the window frame) and it seems to have stemmed the flow.

Going to have a look at the passenger side too - if one is doing it then it's almost certain the other is too.

Still need to pull the door card off, dry it out and fix the peeling material at the bottom of it.

10 door clips due here tomorrow from TPS to fit when the door is apart.

Now discovered I'm going to have to paint the black window frame - previous owner hasn't been kind to the paintwork

Daily drive:
2016 Infiniti QX70.....a car that's even more complicated than my last Infiniti FX to modify

Current 'Project':
VW Crafter CR50 4 berth camper van

Previous 'Projects':
2006 Subaru Legacy Spec 'B' 3.0R,
1994 Ex-MOD Land Rover Defender, now "civilianised".
2000 Audi S8 FL

www.whall.co.uk