View Single Post
Old 19th May 2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Duly noted

My local recycler won't take just the ceramic for some reason, only the complete unit. Possibly they send them elsewhere to be opened up. They certainly don't pay anything like that much for them so I may do some further investigation
If you don't find a better price ring up the FJ Church people they may do freepost to get the cats off you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKY D View Post
That seems pretty decent.

Did they pay out based on what car model you have from a list price or what was actually left inside it the cat?
It looks like they have a catalogue for cat prices, they wanted the part number cast into the cats. Only if they cant find the part number do they do some kind of analysis of the platinum content.
It seems they found both my cats in the system, I stood there when the guy was looking for them and he only took a minute and did not take them anywhere for the test.

One of my cats was broken up badly inside, in fact several pieces had escaped, but they did not reduce the price for this, strange.

This really makes it worth getting decent replacement cats such as HJS, I paid around £650 for the pair, deducting the money recovered from the stock cats I effectively paid around £425 for two very high quality TUV certified cats.

Last edited by Goran; 19th May 2017 at 01:02 PM.