Thread: Etka
View Single Post
Old 14th March 2020, 11:04 AM

There's been a fairly recent update to Etka, which has bricked the hooky versions that everyone had running on v8.1. It delivers v8.2 via the routine data updates, and if accepted, it then requires account details to be valid before any update will work.

v8.1, if the update to v8.2 is ignored, continued to allow data updates for a while, but would prompt you to install v8.2 with EVERY data update, which got a bit dull! It eventually stopped updating.

I believe there is a workaround to prevent v8.1 updating (it involves adding/changing a registry entry to fool it into thinking you've installed v8.2 already) but still allows data updates.

I haven't bothered rebuilding an old version of v8.1 from a backup to see if I can get it working again - I've not yet needed Etka since the update rolled out at the start of the year.....

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC