View Single Post
Old 7th July 2016, 06:24 PM

Default another bad day.... Am i Jinxed

After the 1 month Audi Steering pump marathon, i thought all would be OK, so, after another month or 2 i have to say i am very pleased with the car, the little bits and pieces that just work give me a lovely warm feeling, its a lovely place to be, just a fantastic car.

So whats my problem

last night a car belonging to my oposite neighbours friends left his handbrake off or it failed and ran back across the road straight in to mine, damaging driver side wheel arch and a bit of door. the herbert then runs out of the house, jumps in and drives off.

neighbours son denies anybody was in the house, but there is a witness, I then give the neighbours son 5 mins to get the ahole back or i call the police, he says he will call him, 10 mins later no one appears so i call them.

go through the details etc, and he tells me i have to go to the police station with my insurance details and fill out a form. I did that this morning with the expectation that the police would be round to talk to the neighbour, but no, guess what theres a 2 WEEK wait just for them to look at my issue.

in the meantime the insurance say if i start the claim without knowing the other drivers details it will go against my policy. so i have to drive around for at least 2 weeks with this damage and even then he will probably refuse to give up the name of the driver.

al in all im beggining to think me and this car may be incompatible
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom