View Single Post
Old 24th March 2018, 04:38 PM

Default Sunroof drains blocked, water inside

One of the problems of not using the D3 much.

Got in the A8 to take her to the shops today and discovered drivers footwell carpet soaking wet, and I mean soaking. Rear foot well carpet drivers side also the same and the A pillar trim was also wet.

So sunroof drains are blocked, and water has been getting inside for sometime. The car was last driven a week ago, since then we've had snow and a lot of rain overnight a couple of times.

So opened roof, used the modified garden sprayer and cleared the drivers side drain, and water is flowing once again.

Now how to dry the interior carpets, I've removed the mats and they are inside the house now, and got a number of very wet towels after soaking up a lot of water. I am guessing the interior is going to take a Looonnggg time to dry out, at least the warming up weather will help.

Anything else worth adding to help dry out the interior, I am aware the foam underneath is going to take the longest to dry, and not sure what wiring there is under the drivers side (UK) carpet.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles