Thread: A6 Ultra
View Single Post
Old 14th August 2018, 09:05 PM

Hi Paul,

I appreciate your reply. When I asked the dealer I hope to be buying the car off I was simply told....

So Black Edition refers to the specification and styling. Ultra is purely relating to the efficiency of the engine.

You can therefore also get a Black Edition Ultra. Hope that makes sense?

Black Edition models have black styling on the front grille and door mirrors etc. Along with that Black Edition also gives Bose Sound System

I have to be honest it wasn't the best definition in the world, and didn't really satisfy my curiosity, but that was their answer. Yet having spent hours on google, I think I have found out that an ultra is a slightly higher bhp engine and a slightly higher torque figure. As for anything else I just don't know. Its a quattro we are getting so I'm hoping the 7 speed S ironic is the good gearbox. I always had in my head the ultra has an 8 speed and the black edition had a 7 speed but I now think I'm wrong on that account.

I was always intending to buy a 'black edition ultra' but a 'black edition' with a good spec has come up and I just wanted to convince myself of the differences before committing to the 'black edition'.

O, and I have just noticed I have this in the wrong A6 section ! Sorry ! 2018 C7 A6 !

All comments appreciated !

Last edited by Ricky22buk; 14th August 2018 at 09:15 PM.