View Single Post
Old 20th June 2012, 07:28 PM

Well I finally got mine back today, no comments about the quality of the repair here, oh no, another whole new thread with photo's for that.

My seating position had been moved and i'd never saved it so was perched and weird until I sorted it. Steering much nicer than a5, wheel the same size if not smaller than a5, must have been the differing rim thickness that threw me, along with the ghastly overweighting at speed that tries to simulate feel. How the hell does that get passed for production?
Seats softer and feel lovely to be back in. Instant, LINEAR, powerrrr. Nice. For a 14 year old engine and gearbox I'm very impressed.
My brakes are crap. First inch or two of travel provides the braking you would employ rolling up to a red light, only really bites if you STOMP on the pedal compared to the A5.
my concert is on a par with the B&O setup in the A5. I'm a hifi nerd so spent half an hour fiddling in the a5 to improve matters. Touch crisper response at the extremes of the frequency range from the B&O setup. Soundstage a touch better and defined too but not much in it. How crap is the standard install I wonder?

600 miles later I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole. Wife loved it however, so it would seem Audi make girl's cars now.

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.