View Single Post
Old 1st November 2019, 05:31 PM

Dad and I initially replaced the top frame and noticed when first attempting to shut the door that it wouldn't fit. The angle of the lower base door frame is pretty much vertical and the top frame was say 5-10 degrees bent over towards the cabin - our angle was too much at say 10-15 degrees so we had to readjust and then the door closed. I think we had too much enthusiasm and excitement coursing through our blood at that stage because I realised a couple of days later that the door wouldn't latch unless you gave it an extra push when closing it. It's been that way ever since.

The door shim(s?) dropped out when dismantling the door and I'm sure we just put it back in exactly the same spot. I'm going to attempt to realign the top frame of the door, and possibly pay some extra attention to the door striker post. You may have noticed from my camera pictures that the shiny trim is slightly proud of the adjoining surface. Thanks for those useful nuggets of info MK/HP.