Thread: Lifting an S8
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2023, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmgibb View Post
Yes, just some plain steel cut to 2m lengths by the blacksmith. I might give them a paint when I stop using them this time though!

And that is exactly where I got the lift from – they were very helpful. I went for the 2.5 ton model, which more than covers the S8 (though they did mention that they are rated conservatively).

The only lift (of this type) I found that fitted the S8 was the BL-6000XLT Quick Jack, but this was quite a bit more expensive, and would not have fitted between the 205’s wheels. It had a maximum lift spread of just over 1.9m, so just fits the S8 (which is just under 1.9m from outside edge-to-outside edge of the lifting points).
Hi,

Thank you for posting all of this! Trying to navigate my own version of this issue, hoping this solution can work for me, too, with a Quickjack here in the US.

Called around a few steel suppliers local to me. None of them knew what "RHS" was, until one shop said, "You mean, 'Rectangular Tubing?' and in the brochure they sent me it's listed as "Carbon Steel Mechanical & Structural, Rectangular Tubing."

Does this sound like equivalent material to what you used?

They aren't listed in metric here but when I did the conversion, the closest standard sizing they have would be a 2" x 4" x 1/4" -- all just slightly larger/thicker (so, presumably, no less strong?) than the 50x100x5 dimensions you used in mm.

Appreciate anyone willing to chime in with more informed perspective/experience, in case I'm missing something.

Thanks!