View Single Post
Old 28th October 2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I want to drive to Sweden and back next summer and I'm curious as to what are the longest journeys you have done in your cars and what were your experiences?
I did a trip like that for the 2018 Annual Meet. 4570 km /2840 miles.
I started just south of Karlstad, down to Gothenburg. Ferry to Kiel. Drove through Europe. Took the ferry across the channel to Dover. Then to Exeter, to meet up with MJ. And we traveled north to the Meltham. All in all, it was a great pleasure to drive in the UK
I went back by way of Denmark. A short ferry trip Helsingør-Helsingborg (20 mins).

The German autobahn was horrific though, with trucks and cars overtaking each other with no regard to cars travelling at much higher speeds
So I did never get to try the car in high speed.

My oil pressure sensor doesn't work properly, so I had low oil level when I went back home through Germany. Pays to check that manually, I discovered.

edit: roundabouts were scary. I almost caused an accident in the first few in UK. After that I was very very careful. I had to be really mindful about the cars, that were coming from the "wrong" direction. Very counter intuitive

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98

Last edited by Regulus; 28th October 2020 at 08:20 PM.