View Single Post
Old 7th April 2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Not quite that much I think they were £100 or so each.

Of course, it does depend how long lockdown lasts and whether I run out of things to model. Printer filament is getting very scarce in the UK as we've turned most of it in to medical hardware, and of course it's largely made in China so there are no more supplies inbound. I'm having to be a tad more circumspect printing ad-hoc prototypes of things.
We have just bought 5 litres of hand gel in 50 x 100ml bottles for £99. Its disgraceful companies are profiteering like that.

By the way, for context, I have a care service. The local distillers reckon they can produce it and sell it to us for £7 a litre in 5-litre bottles. Still, about 10 times more than we would normally pay.

We can't get masks for any amount of money. The army (yes, ARMY) delivered 300 to us free of charge a couple of weeks ago. They lasted us about 2.5 days. Anyhoo, let's not hijack a wonderful thread!

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.