View Single Post
Old 7th April 2020, 05:36 PM

There's an open-source face mask design here using cotton fabric, pipe cleaners and shoe laces: https://www.patreon.com/posts/mrks-no-pattern-35679762

Obviously its not up to N95 standards for front line workers, but cotton supposedly captures 70% of aerosol particle transmission which is considerably better than nothing.

Given the shortage of priner filament, I decided to try and recover some of my older filaments. It is hygroscopic and so doesn't take well to sitting around in the house, especially given the winter we've just had. Ideal humidity for storing filament is <20% but my office has got to 40% over the winter and so most of my old filament is toast and I can't simply replace it now.

The solution? A cheap food dehydrator from Amazon

I cut the middle out of all the food trays so a roll of filament sits inside. Its been running all day at 50C and is now 10% humidity inside. A few hours of that should allow all the moisture to come out of the filament and then I'll store it with silica gel to make sure it stays dry. I shall test the dired filament tomorrow and see if it works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200407_184727.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	23105  

Last edited by MikkiJayne; 7th April 2020 at 05:45 PM.