View Single Post
Old 5th October 2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo View Post
Poor car is currently sitting outside with no power and the battery is hooked up to the Lidl charger in situ but with the cables disconnected.

Could not work out how to lock the drivers door with no power, and there is a mains cable protected by RCD running into the boot where the charger is located. its raining but the socket and charger are right in the back of the boot and the boot itself is closed as much as I can.

The weather forecast overnight is not good, so just before going to bed I'll disconnect the charger and give the car some well earned power so I can lock it and I don't fancy leaving the power lead through an open kitchen window either.

So it would have had 6 hours on the charger this evening, in addition to the longish run earlier.

I also discovered earlier, you can connect to the BCM with VCDS even with the ignition fully off.
Put the battery back onto the car lock all the doors then open just the boot with the fob, disconnect the battery again then get the battery charger on something solid like a piece of wood or a molded plastic tool box put the extension lead in the boot as well, hold the cable at the join between the rear lights, it should fully close then and be water tight, that's how I did mine when it was parked up for near 3 months and had to keep the battery charged