View Single Post
Old 19th August 2019, 05:43 AM

I know that feeling.
I'm currently in Germany after the German Audi A8 meet.
On the way there whilst tail end charlie in our convoy I had to drop anchor at about 130MPH. Up came brake pads worn warning.
Replaced both front pads and all was good.
Did a couple of four hour drives at speed still good.
During a 165 MPH cruise a loud banging started. Driving not affected so wasn't a tyre or engine problem. Brought speed down and the noise stopped. Pulled off the road and found the front under tray, or what was left of it was flapping in the breeze. Friday at 18:30 at Germany has started to close down for the weekend. Carried on to Bielefeld, at 160, it was quiet now. Phoned Audi in Bielefeld whilst en route and the night manager said bring it in at 09:00 Saturday.
Poor chap drove car into test bay but had to ask is the throttle still with the right foot.
End story is, cut off with a Dremel all that was still flapping, made safe for the return drive to England today.
Total cost at the stealers . . . . . zilch.
Even received the usual coffee and biscuits but they did not offer an Audi valet

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)