View Single Post
Old 15th May 2018, 12:09 PM

Default B6/B7 A4 Cabriolet Buying advice please!

I'm thinking of a ragtop for the lovely summer I'm hoping we will have on the island. I think this every year and never do it so by the law of averages this is the year to do it!

Anyhoo, I know NOTHING about these cars! So, what is the engine/spec to look out for? Is the soot chucker too noisy in the open air?? Is the multitrauma auto really that bad?? Does having leather guarantee burnt hind quarters when it's hot??? Plus which colour is the quickest?!

To show the lack of pinpoint precision I am bringing to this, I might also consider a MX5! Mucho fun on island roads! Honestly, performance isn't really the goal here and there are so many engine choices here I'm not sure where to start

Plus is it true that having a 4 seater convertible makes anyone sitting in the back look like Hitler??

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.

Last edited by Davey Blueeyes; 15th May 2018 at 12:24 PM.