View Single Post
Old 5th September 2018, 03:37 PM

Hi There,

Was just searching the net in regards to a Bosch ABS module flashing and came across someone recommending Carista - It's an app on Android and iPhone

Has a week £8.99 paid thing or Thirty something a year. However the Bluetooth dongle is only £19.99 *OR* and this is the bit that piqued my interest it works with ELM adaptors too.

I've an old VGATE bluetooth dongle which I used for Torque and a few other bits on my RX8 and if you've played with Car dongles in the last few years then you've probably got one and it's worth a play.

The Vgate one worked and it's a nice APP. There's three functions. Check Faults, Diagnose and Customise.
They're a bit slow as in a couple of minutes as it accesses each module and it doesn't really give you control like ODB11 or VCDS etc

However it read the fault codes. Got 44 for mine which seemed high compared with the other tools, but the they're locked in terms of obviscated numbers and clearing costs.

Customise gave things on lights, locking options (indicators, beep, double press(free)), Menu options and Nav eject - They were on / off options, nice dumb and easy to do rather than coding numbers or changing bits, which I see useful to people that VCDS scares. Also if you've got a dongle you can see what you have / can do without purchase

Service allowed you to reset the service indicators, there also seemed to be a readiness check and clear (free). There was a parking brake option, but it had lots of warnings and to be honest i'd probably grab something else. But it *MAY* be useful.

All in quite impressed for user interface and really low cost of entry.

https://caristaapp.com/

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)