View Single Post
Old 12th November 2020, 08:19 AM

Its certainly concievable it could be that. What I think is happening is that one or more of the tank vent lines (6-9 in that pic) are unable to vent and so the tank fills to the level of the filler neck leaving a large air pocket in the top of it. Its not clear from the diagrams where those lines go, but I think they go in to the large assembly behind the filler neck first, which then has a single line (4) over to the charcoal container. In theory the only open point is 5 which is right on top of the tank.

I won't mind too much if its the charcoal container which is blocked as thats relatively easy to change. I will be a little grumpy if its the thing behind the filler neck as that has pipes everywhere and many rusty fittings. However, I shall be very pleased if its either of those compared to having to swap the whole tank!

I took all this stuff out of Sergey's car relatively intact so I need to get that off the shelf and see how everything goes together.

Its been pointed nose-down overnight so I'll nip up to the workshop (vigorously!) in a bit and see if I can get an extra couple of gallons in there. If so, that would suggest its a partial blockage somewhere which just can't vent as fast as a petrol pump can put fuel in.