View Single Post
Old 6th August 2018, 05:35 PM

Cheers, snapdragon great advice I will definately take some photos/markings wouldn't have thought of doing that I'm not that clever usually , that what I was worried about removing the fuel pipes, vacuum pipes and wires it looked scary. I was thinking about over cleaner and pressure washing the upper manifold and leaving to dry. Lower I wasn't sure how to deal with but the paper towels might be an option. No noticeable performance increase damn! It's making me think is it worth doing haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
I have had it off a couple of times using the audi service manual instructions which were sufficient. Worst thing is removing fuel pipes and all the vacuum pipes and wires. My vacuum pipes broke when unclipping- they had turned to liquorice and new ones were £70-80! Take some photos showing the routing and clip positions as what is above and below each other and where pipes cross etc...
Some of the screws are long, some short, so mark with a paint pen or some other way of remembering. The lower intakes were the really sooty ones, as well as the ports in the head, some were about 75% blocked. I used the pressure washer on the removed plastic parts and sticky stuff remover and a roll of paper towel on the heads, a lot of carbon fell in but I was careful not too much liquid went in. Used original gaskets the first time they were in good shape, and new ones the second time.

Didn't notice any difference whatsover in mpg or performance afterwards