View Single Post
Old 7th August 2018, 02:46 PM

I feel your pain. Been there done that. I think I was able to slacken off the calliper carrier and move it with one bolt removed. That way I got the disc off. My process was scuppered when the EPB module ate itself. By that point I replaced all the parts and handed the f**&er over to a garage to sort. They replaced the module and cleared some codes. I could have done that, but by that point I was a broken man.

The steel calliper carrier bolts on the O/S/F (alloy) hub were contact corroded to death. I had to use a blowtorch and WD40 on the bolt, with an impact gun to get the thing to turn. The N/S/F came apart easily as could be. I still shudder at the memory of that afternoon, that became a weekend of pain.

I love Audis but they really aren’t that nice to work on. I still remember trying to replace the battery on my A2. Thought it would take minutes. Over an hour later I was still cursing the thing as I stared at the old battery in situ!!!

I’ve worked on all my cars and family members’ over the years, without so much hassle as I’ve had with the A2 and A8.

Whereabouts are you OP?

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.

Last edited by Johnmed; 7th August 2018 at 02:53 PM.