View Single Post
Old 9th December 2019, 02:22 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
But the ‘vibration’ isn’t anything like as bad as you described, Mark, although Michaela did suggest that my rear end needed sorting out (the car, the car!) so I can imagine that it might be worn bushes.

TBH, I doubt anyone else would even notice, but we all get ‘tuned in’ to our cars and anything untoward rings alarm bells.
You're absolutely right there. In fact, while I considered the vibration that I experienced to be quite severe, Lyn was completely oblivious to it, as would most people be to be fair. When I first heard it, I said "What the hell was that?", as I promptly headed for the hard shoulder. She said "What was what? .. Why are we stopping!?". In reality I think it could probably be described as a fairly audible rumble but probably no worse than you get from driving over 'disused' rumble strips (the ones that have been partially 'erased' due to roadworks). But the first time I heard it, for a moment at least, in my mind it was potentially something much more serious.

I'm a hypochondriac when it comes to my cars (car-ochondriac? hypocardriac?), which is funny really because I NEVER go to doctors, even if I feel like I'm dying. But I get so in-tune with my cars that the slightest unusual noise bugs me and worries me, so it goes straight to the garage. On numerous occasions I've had mechanics crawling all over my car trying to find the source of squeaks, clunks or rattles that they claim they can't even hear. I think they must think I'm bonkers.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust