View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
Oh yeah, that is very stupid, unless Audi will have a little portacabin style ''service station'' on each border crossing with a ''qualified engineer'' who will be there just to change the lights for us.
You can't obviously do that at your main dealer if you leaving later on at night as this will mean that you'll be driving all the way to Dover at night with the wrong beam patter

Very very stupid indeed

MMI options seems to be the most reasonable one.
Qualified Engineer made me laugh out loud and luckily I swallowed that mouthful of coffee before I read to the word qualified! Mine went to main dealer and they didn't with the alleged three hours, manage to swap over a blown side light bulb that had blown with their "Qualified Engineers!" so asking them to work out which continent they are currently sitting it as well as hooking up the Audi equipment as well as selecting an option on the equipment, I'm out on this one! I'll put a fifty on them not being able to do it

I do agree with the guys here, this setting should be a must, for what is essentially an "Executive Cruiser!" the car chosen by "The Transporter!" you know... to take oriental woman in duffle bags to drug barons with gun wielding henchmen in Scarface like mansions... you don't ever hear the likes of Frank Martin, telling you... 1) the deal is the deal! 2) I'm not allowed to cross the border or take that package to the UK or other right hand drive countries as my MMI says No!" 3) Never open the package!

Oh yeah Halfords sticky yellow beam benders... Don't do it! Shoot yourself first. Who ever invented them need putting in with the convicted paedophiles (obviously this is only my opinion and not a reflection of the site!)

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com