View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
Firstly, I'm getting a creaking when pressing the brake pedal (whether moving or stationary) that seems to be coming from the o/s/f calliper. Is this common and likely to be a calliper fault?
The pads are probably stuck in the caliper. Pull them out, clean up & grease the sliding surfaces and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae
Secondly, I have an intermittent ABS/ESP issue that is recording the following fault code:

Is this likely to be a faulty G200 sensor and does anyone have any info such as part numbers and location? (I can't find it in any of the 'tech dump' documents).
Possibly although its worth checking if the carpet is damp. Its under the carpet under the passenger seat. I'll try and find a number later.

Quote:
Thirdly, I've had a whirring noise for a while that's engine-speed related (starts about 2000rpm and gets higher pitched with increasing rpm). The garage had a brief look at it when it first occurred but suggested that I "let it develop". They suspected the bearings in the alternator and/or the PS pump. The noise hasn't got any louder in the past few months but I'd like to get it fixed now. Is there any simple way to determine where the noise is coming from?
If its the P/S pump the sound will change as you rock the steering. If the noise doesn't change with steering its more likely to be one of the rollers on the front end rather than the alternator. There's an idler, the main tensioner and the viscous fan which can all get noisy. I'd pop the belt off (put the front end in service position) and spin them all by hand and see if any are rough or noisy.

Quote:
Lastly, I seem to have a bit of front bumper droop. I noticed a while ago that it didn't seem to look quite right. Studying the recent Carding Shed photos (see attached), using Jim's car for comparison, there's clearly a gap that shouldn't be there. Has it been refitted incorrectly or is there some way to adjust it?
The two main bumper supports have threaded inserts in them to adjust the height of the bumper, but their position relative to the car is lost whenever you pull the front end off so they usually need adjusting every time it comes apart. If you're putting it in service position to look at the accessory drive then it can all be adjusted when it goes back together. Its designed to be highly adjustable so the factory can get the front end perfect, but its a right pain to get it back in the right place again every time it has any major work done!