View Single Post
Old 6th February 2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
Well my rigs still make about the same as they did in BTC, even if that equates to less in GBP right now. When the BTC price eventually gets back to where it was (or beyond) the mining I'm doing now will have been very profitable. And, if enough people are deterred from mining, difficulty will start to fall for the remaining miners. That's the way I look at it anyway, because I have no plans to sell any of the cryptocurrency I'm earning any time soon.

When I first played around with mining, nearly 2 years ago, profitability was terrible (at the time). Retrospectively, turns out I was actually earning 10 times more than it seemed (even after the recent price drop).
I'd noticed this....I'm *STILL* mining at the same ~rate yesterday as I was a week ago.

When I was mining a couple of weeks back I was making £X a day because that's what the alt coin was worth against the pound, but I've yet to convert anything back to the pound so that figure is a virtual one at best.....Arguably I should have turned my miners off a few weeks back when I was rubbing my hands with glee at the returns.

I could turn them off now.....Would I turn them on again when the coin value rises and will I be upset I turned them off ????

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)