Thread: Any ideas?
View Single Post
Old 26th January 2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Thanks for all the advice, carpets are dry and it only does it when about freezing. Did it last year and changed battery as it wasn't holding its charge and appeared to cure it but thinking back I changed it when the weather turned. It was fine all summer and now has started again!!
A8 Doc I might take you up on the vag com or at least pop over some time, I'l try and take some pics and up load once I've cleaned her. She's been good to me over the last 3 years just O/S/F suspension which A8 parts provided a replacement for £250. Although the parking brake fault has been showing for the last couple of months will need doing at MOT in May. It works just that one side engages sooner than the other. The alloys need a refurb courtesy of the missus but the last 55k have been good, and along with the 110 and the 993 she's a keeper. It's taken a long while and lots of depreciation to achieve my perfect garage( well maybe an F40 if the lottery turns up could be included) but the A8 does tick the relevant boxes. Having said that the D2 S8 that you took in part ex did have better seats !
You do need to codethe battery module mate so might just need that doing as it thinks it is in shutdown.

Parking brake wise, simply replace the motor. 2 bolts and £100 from Audi It has had one done under my ownership anyway but was a complete caliper replacement. I think it had the parking brake ECU done as well come to think about it. And a wiper module...

Glad to hear she is doing well, the missus still tells me off for selling that one.