View Single Post
Old 14th July 2015, 03:07 PM

Talking There is an alternative way...

....hello JQ...

One of the white nylon pulleys that the cable tracks around shattered on one of my rear windows a few years back, and A8parts shipped me a complete door section like they did for you. The black trim was a bit scratched, as was the whole of the door edge, and I wanted to retain my original window surround, so I ended up removing the whole window motor, track and cables by drilling out the rivets, and swapping it over to my original door. I just used small bolts and nylock nuts to put it all back together. Has worked a treat for at least 6 years so far.....and if it ever happens again, I can just swap out the motor, track and cables again.

Maybe an alternative if the cosmetics of the replacement door top aren't to your satisfaction....?

Zip

2002 D2 S8: Ebony Black over Platinum. A8L Comfort front seats in black (), heated rear seats, extended Leather Pack 3, blinds, glass sunroof, MFSW, Dension Gateway 100 for iPod, ski-hatch, xenon plus, auto dimming mirrors, 20" FE wheels, billet aluminium 'brake block', gunmetal Brembo calipers

2005 B6 S4 Cabriolet: Ebony Black Pearl over Silver. RNS-E, Bose, heated seats, cruise control, retrofit aux-in, centre armrest, Milltek resonated exhaust