View Single Post
Old 6th March 2021, 02:44 PM

today was onto the rears.....

certainly looks a hundred times better than how it all started

also so glad to have got the old tyres off, peace of mind as i have no idea of the history of them before my ownership and they should be perfectly fine but again my OCD kicks in and i prefer peace of mind that i have tyres i know the full history of and how they've been cared for.

nothing out of the ordinary, all built back up as required. what was strange the rear pistons only needed pushing in, not the normal wind in... never ever had the on an Audi before.... even the S5 with the same style EPB system wound in.... every day is a skool day lol

also strange was that during the bleeding there is zero need to cycle the ABS pump, in fact the module won't even let you get onto it without having a spaz, took a bit of careful coding to get that function back.... last thing i needed was a bricked ABS module.

there are 2 flexi lines on the back, replaced with Hel lines as per the front...

the brake system was washed through with a crappy DOT 4 so it was purged of all crud.
Then 2 litres of Motul RBF660 fluid was pressure bled through

again because i'm a tart and i like peace of mind i always like to sweep the master cylinder as i do the final bleed, this needs an assistant and she's not home until tomorrow.... so the final bleed will wait for her....

interestingly you have to tell the handbrake module the rear pad thickness, as it doesn't rely on wear sensors like the front. Another first for me on an Audi....

Current stable.....
‘07 A8 D3 4.2tdi
‘08 S5
‘09 A4 Avant 2.0tdi
‘04 TT 225

Last edited by 89forever; 14th August 2021 at 10:11 AM.