View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Your airbag is actually similar to mid-90s A4 and 80 where the horn switches are on the bag, whereas most later builds have the switch in the wheel like the one you showed.

As you have the 12mm spline bolt in the centre, the yellow plug, and the two pins from the clock spring I would be confident that a later wheel will bolt on just fine. That is probably the best solution since we know that the wheel and bag will work together.

Since you don't have tiptronic buttons, a wheel from a 2001 B5 A4 or 2001-2003 C5 A6 will work or you. You might be able to find one of those locally which would save a load of shipping cost. If not, then we can source one from our sponsors and I can deal with the onward shipping
OK, I have started looking locally...without success so far. Just to be clear, even though I have not got a tiptronic wheel in my car, could I fit one nevertheless?
For instance, would this item, listed by A8 PARTS on ebay, work for me?

I don’t really care if the buttons actually work. What I am concerned about at this stage, having talked to an Audi dealership today, is passing their inspection in regards to not having an airbag deemed to be on the suspect list. As long as it states that it was manufactured 2000 or later, I don’t think Audi will consider any further action is necessary.

Thank you for your perseverance. I am deeply appreciative of the efforts that you have afforded me in this. Merry Christmas, MikkiJayne, to you and yours!

Last edited by C4R 100N; 23rd December 2019 at 10:10 AM. Reason: additional information