View Single Post
Old 12th December 2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
You have a curious mix of wood trim there.
That is what I was thinking when I first saw it too but I have come to like it - the ash especially.

When I was trying to repair the LED telltales in my Audi 100 mirror adjustment switch I found out all about the metal backed fake wood in my Audi 100. Is it real wood? It seemed to be some metal backed resin stuff that I cracked when trying to get at the adjustment switch. I was very annoyed at having cracked the trim. I also cracked the trim where the window switches were in the drivers door of that car when trying to remove them to repair the LEDs if I remember correctly.

Quote:
It looks very clean which hopefully is a good sign that it's been well maintained.
Yes, the interior does look well looked after or at least appears to be relatively unscathed. It just needs a good clean in places. The drivers seat in particular deserves some attention. I am not sure what to use to try and prolong the life of the leather. All of my other Audi's seats have succumbed to the rigors of time and have rips in them. All, that is, except for my Audi 100 which has the hardest leather seats that I have ever sat in! They are rock hard and show no signs of cracking or tearing.

Quote:
Edit - looks like you resized it while I was typing this Thank you!
I googled my heart out trying to find a solution to the huge inline pics and came to the conclusion that I would have to manage my own resizing and orienting prior to uploading. Thanks for the confirmation! Thanks also for the image size tips. I went with 800 X ? and it seemed to work out okay.