View Single Post
Old 12th December 2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
C4r - an 'FE' is a Final Edition. They were special run-out models of the D2 and are perhaps the most sought after versions as they have extended leather interiors in some very bold colours for the early noughties - red, purple, aqua blue (puke), and silver-grey.
Thanks for the explanation! And such an understated sense of humor you have there. Droll, to say the least! I can't help noticing that the posters on this forum are very articulate compared to the people that I am accustomed to interacting with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
This is my custom red and black btw:
WOW! That is bold! Lovely car though. As is your Merlin Purple. My partner who is too scared to drive could just about be convinced to make an exception if she had that one as a steed, I dare say! Thank you for taking the time to share pictures of your lovely vehicle with us all. I bet you feel alive when you tear up the road in that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Platinum is a lovely silverish grey, just certain people don't like it.....
Swing is Swing Grey, to my mind a medium brownish grey but I don't like that.....
Thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
And something I discovered recently while attempting to restore mine .... Did you know that the painted ones (the ones with the rubberised texture, commonly found in FE interiors, often finished in 'platin hell' or 'swing') actually have a wood finish beneath the paint?

It's like the painted version was an afterthought, something they thought would make the interior look more modern perhaps, so they took existing wood trim from stock and just painted over them.

Good information there!

Last edited by C4R 100N; 12th December 2019 at 10:33 AM.