View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2019, 08:15 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
I found this battery too, but the pins are the wrong orientation and there should be 2 on each side. I don’t really think I can be bothered with making up a battery pack (I’m not the best with a soldering iron!) and I’m not sure that it would fit into the horn if I did. I think it’s all too much trouble for a feeble chirp that no-one would pay any attention to.
It's potentially a cheap (or chirp) fix, assuming there's no other damage. But I agree, probably not worth the effort.

I cut my old one open too when it failed but that was largely out of curiosity. After determining that it wasn't worth repairing, I swiftly binned it and replaced it. Replacements units were readily available at the time though; I might have been more inclined to persist with the repair if they weren't. In any case, I like chirps; it's a helpful confirmation that all the doors are fully closed and locked as you walk away (since it won't chirp if any are left ajar). So I'd still repair or replace if possible.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 22nd August 2019 at 08:22 AM.